Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Jones, Stephen E.

The Shroud of Turin blog topics #9
© Stephen E. Jones[
1]

Jones, Stephen E.

This is the topic, "Jones, Stephen E.," which is part #9 of my "The Shroud of Turin blog topics" series. It was originally "Topics `J'" but because I had belatedly realised that some of my topics pages will be too long, I had decided to convert the "Topics" pages into sub-indexes of topics starting with each letter and create a new topics page by copying and pasting the content of each previously posted topic. See the Index "A-Z", and the sub-indexes "M" and "J" of this series. This was originally the first topic, and was about me because that was the first topic in my first introductory post to this my blog.

[Index #1] [Previous "Medieval photography: Nicholas Allen" #7] [Next "Christianity" #10]


Jones, Stephen E. I am an Australian evangelical Christian in my 60s (but not for much longer)! I am happily married to the `wife of my youth' (Proverbs 5:18)

[Right (enlarge): Photo of yours truly taken on the Yarra River, Melbourne, Australia, on holidays in 2008.]

and we have two children and five grandchildren.

My interest in the Shroud began in January 2005, after reading Ken Stevenson and Gary Habermas' 1981 book "Verdict on the Shroud". Before then I knew little about the Shroud and assumed it was just another medieval fake relic. From the evidence presented by Stevenson and Habermas I initially provisionally accepted that the Shroud was authentic, but by 30 June 2007 when I started this blog, I had fully accepted that the Shroud is the actual burial sheet of Jesus Christ, and therefore extra-Biblical evidence of His suffering, death and resurrection! [30Jun07].

As I have previously stated [26Oct14]:

"I am a Protestant evangelical Christian and ... I do not need the Shroud to be authentic to preserve my Christian worldview. As I have previously pointed out [16Oct12], I had been a Christian for nearly 40 years when in 2005 I was persuaded by the evidence that the Shroud of Turin was authentic. So if the Shroud was proven to be not authentic, I would still be the same Christian I have been all along."

Notes:
1. This page, and each page, in my The Shroud of Turin blog topics series, is copyright. However, permission is granted to quote from any part of this page (but not the whole page), provided it includes a reference citing my name, its subject heading, its date, and a hyperlink back to this page. [return]

Posted 30 August 2016. Updated 15 October 2023.

No comments: