Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Shroud of Turin: Contents

This series has been superseded by my series, "The evidence is overwhelming that the Turin Shroud is Jesus' burial sheet!

This is part 1, the main Contents page, of a new series on the Shroud of Turin, in which I will present the evidence both for and against it being the burial sheet of Jesus Christ, so the reader can make up his/her own mind. The series was originally titled: "The Shroud of Jesus?" but I have changed it to "The Shroud of Turin" so that posts in the series are more easily found using a search engine. I myself am persuaded by the evidence that the Shroud of Turin is the burial sheet of Jesus.

[Above (enlarge): The Face on the Shroud: ShroudScope: Durante 2002 Face Only Vertical

"`Were those the lips that spoke the Sermon on the Mount and the Parable of the Rich Fool?'; `Is this the Face that is to be my judge on the Last Day?'" (Wilson, I., "Holy Faces, Secret Places: The Quest for Jesus' True Likeness," Doubleday: London, 1991, p.189).]

Yes!


THE SHROUD OF TURIN
CONTENTS
© Stephen E. Jones

  1. Introduction
  2. What is the Shroud of Turin?
  3. The Bible and the Shroud
  4. History of the Shroud
  5. Art and the Shroud
  6. Science and the Shroud
  7. The Sudarium of Oviedo
  8. Major features of the Shroud's Image
  9. Problems of the forgery theory
  10. How was the Image Formed?
  11. Is the image Jesus?
  12. Objections
  13. Questions
  14. Conclusion


Each topic above will be linked to a sub-contents page with that topic as its heading, and each topic on that sub-contents page will be linked to a page about that topic. I will continue to add topics as they occur to me. Past pages I will update as further thoughts occur to me, but it will not be practical for me to mention those updates. I will however indicate at the end of each page when it was last updated. It is probable that some pages will be out of logical order as new topics occur to me, but the contents pages will show their logical, if not chronological, order.

As this will now be my primary focus on this blog, I will not continue my critique of Charles Freeman's "The Turin Shroud and the Image of Edessa."

Continued in part 2, The Shroud of Turin: 1. Introduction

Posted 11 October 2012. Updated 17 March 2024.

No comments: