Tuesday, October 2, 2018

"Editorial and Contents," Shroud of Turin News, September 2018

Shroud of Turin News - September 2018
© Stephen E. Jones
[1]

[Previous: August 2018, part #1] [Next: October 2018, part #1]

This is the September 2018 issue of my Shroud of Turin News. I have listed below linked news articles about the Shroud in September as a service to readers, without necessarily endorsing any of them.

Contents:
• "Real or fake? The Shroud Center of Southern California launches Kickstarter Campaign," Religion News Service, September 13, 2018.
• "Closed for Nearly 30 Years, the Chapel of the Holy Shroud Reopens in Italy Following Massive Restoration Efforts," Art World, September 28, 2018, Sarah Cascone.

Editorial
Rex Morgan's Shroud News: My scanning and word-processing of the 118 issues of Rex Morgan's Shroud News, provided by Ian Wilson, and emailing them to Barrie Schwortz, for him to convert to PDFs and add to his online Shroud News archive, continued in September up to issue #110, October 1998 [Right (enlarge).], i.e ~93% completed. Issues in the archive are still up to #100, February 1997.

Media release: In September I continued working on a simplified version of my media release outlining my hacker theory, which I intend to email to news outlets in anticipation of an upsurge of media interest in the Shroud's radiocarbon dating as the 30th anniversary draws near of the announcement on 13 October 1988 [see 23Jul15] that the Shroud's radiocarbon date was "1260-1390".

Posts: In September I blogged 7 new posts (latest uppermost): "`If Jesus had type AB blood it would mean... he had two separate human parents!'," - 29th; "Date index 2015: The Shroud of Turin blog," -27th; "Obituary (5): Dr. Alan Duane Whanger (17 July 1930 - 21 October 2017)," - 16th; "Date index 2014: The Shroud of Turin blog," - 14th; "Obituary: Paul C. Maloney (April 9, 1936 - August 27, 2018)," - 9th; "Editorial and Contents," Shroud of Turin News, August 2018," - 7th and "Date index 2013: The Shroud of Turin blog," - 6th.

Updates There were no significant updates in the background of past post(s) in September.

Comments: As stated at the top of my August 2018 Shroud of Turin News, but since removed: "I have just now (9 September 2018) discovered that Blogger has not been notifying me by email of comments and therefore I have a backlog of 37 of them! I will start publishing those that I consider worth replying to from the most recent backwards."

Old comments published and responded to:
09Sep18 under "Editorial and Contents," Shroud of Turin News, August 2018: Thanks to a reader who will purchase my book (see below) when it finally comes out and who reads this my blog on a near daily basis.
10Sep18 under "`Poker holes' #29: Other marks and images: The evidence is overwhelming that the Turin Shroud is authentic!": My explanation why a bioplastic coating might explain why the Shroud would not date 1st century (e.g. 4th century), but it would not explain why the 1st century Shroud's radiocarbon date was shifted 12-13 centuries into the future, let alone to the `bull's eye' date 1325 ±65.

New comments published and responded to:
10Sep18 under "Shroud of Turin depicts a Y-shaped cross?": Correction of my link to "Annie's Simple Life."
13Sep18 under "`I would like to point out an important mistranslation of a French expression in your post'": Advising Mario Latendresse that I will respond to his comment when I have time.
13Sep18 under "My critique of Borrini, M. & Garlaschelli, L., 2018, `A BPA Approach to the Shroud of Turin,' Journal of Forensic Sciences, 10 July": My thanks for commenter's thanks for my, `great coverage and fundamental focus on CICAP'.
18Sep18 under "Re: Shroud blood ... types as AB ... aged blood always types as AB, so the significance of this ... is unclear": My response to: 1) "getting a blood type on 2000 year old blood would be nearly impossible" by pointing to my post of 14Jul12 where a mummified toe of Egyptian Pharaoh Akhenaton (c.1353-1336 BC), was tested and found to be "A2." And to 2) "If Jesus had type AB blood it would mean ... he had two separate human parents!" that, "No. Jesus would have received Mary's 22+X chromosomes (including the blood type chromosome 9) and He would have received from God the Holy Spirit (Mt 1:18,20; Lk 1:30-31,34-35) 22+Y chromosomes (also including chromosome 9). I also responded to this in a separate post, "`If Jesus had type AB blood it would mean... he had two separate human parents!'."
18Sep18 under "Re: Shroud: I had a quick question regarding blood evidence": Since this anonymous comment was similar to the above, I which received less than an hour apart, I assumed it was from the same commenter so I responded in the same separate post above.

My radiocarbon dating hacker theory: I didn't post on my hacker theory in September. But I did work offline on my simplified media release, "Were the Turin Shroud radiocarbon dating laboratories duped by a computer hacker?" (see above).

My book: In September, I continued making progress in writing a dot-point outline of my book, "Shroud of Turin: The Burial Sheet of Jesus!" (see 09May17 and 06Jul17).

Pageviews: At midnight on 30 September 2018, Google Analytics [Below (enlarge)] gave this blog's "Pageviews all time history" as 959,413. This compares with 798,759 (up 160,654 or 20.1%) from the same time in September 2017. It also gave the most viewed posts for the month (highest uppermost) as: "Shroud News - November 2007," Dec 1, 2007 - 494; Re: Shroud blood ... types as AB ... aged blood always types as AB, so the significance of this ... is unclear," Mar 18, 2011 - 127; "The Shroud of Turin: 3.5. The man on the Shroud and Jesus were crowned with thorns," Sep 8, 2013 - 115; "Editorial and Contents," Shroud of Turin News, August 2018," - 97 and "John P. Jackson, `An Unconventional Hypothesis to Explain all Image Characteristics Found on the Shroud Image' (1991)," Aug 13, 2017 - 75

Again, I presume why my "Shroud News - November 2007" had the highest (494) pageviews in September is because it has a photo of the Jospice mattress imprint, which shows in a Google image search of that topic.

Notes:
1. This post is copyright. I grant permission to extract or quote from any part of it (but not the whole post), provided the extract or quote includes a reference citing my name, its title, its date, and a hyperlink back to this page. [return]

Posted: 2 October 2018. Updated: 14 December 2022.

No comments: