Monday, December 5, 2016

"Editorial and Contents," Shroud of Turin News, November 2016

Shroud of Turin News - November 2016
© Stephen E. Jones
[1]

[Previous: October 2016, part #1] [Next: November 2016, part #2]

This is my "Editorial and Contents," part #1 of the November 2016 issue of my Shroud of Turin News. Following this editorial, I will add excerpts from Shroud-related November 2016 news articles in separate posts, linked back to this post, with the articles' words in bold to distinguish them from mine. Click on a link below to go to that article. Articles not yet linked are planned to be commented on in this issue.

Contents:
Editorial
"Life in the post-truth age," The Telegram, Pam Frampton, November 19, 2016.


Editorial

Rex Morgan's Shroud News: My scanning and word-processing of issues of Rex Morgan's Shroud News provided by Ian Wilson, and emailing them to Barrie Schwortz for him to convert to PDFs and add to his online Shroud News archive, continued in November up to issue #62, December 1990 [Right (enlarge)]. Issues in that archive are now up to #61, October 1990.



Posts: In November I blogged 5 new posts (latest uppermost): "The 1260-1390 radiocarbon date of the Turin Shroud was the result of a computer hacking #11," Nov 22; "Superficial #18: The man on the Shroud: The evidence is overwhelming that the Turin Shroud is authentic!," Nov 11; "Chronology of the Turin Shroud: Fifth century," Nov 10; "`Did you ask radiocarbon dating experts their opinion on this?'," Nov 3; and "`Editorial and Contents,' Shroud of Turin News, October 2016," Nov 2.

Updates to my posts in the background in November included: "Chronology of the Turin Shroud: Fifth century," "c. 490 The Gelasian Decree, attributed to Pope Gelasius I (r.492-496), dismissed the correspondence between Edessa's King Abgar V and Jesus [see "50"] as apocryphal."

Comments: In November a commenter requested my response to multiple topics under my "... Except that comments under my latest post can be on any Shroud-related topic" (my emphasis) policy. So I changed the wording of my policy to, "... Except that comments under my latest post can be on any one Shroud-related topic," (my emphasis) to make it clear that "my latest post" exception policy is not an invitation for a commenter to submit a `shopping list' of many topics for me to answer.

My radiocarbon dating hacker theory: As can be seen above, in November I blogged two post about my hacker theory. In the first post, "`Did you ask radiocarbon dating experts their opinion on this?'," I recounted how the anti-authenticist Hugh Farey, had sent to Arizona laboratory's Prof. Jull and Oxford laboratory's Prof. Ramsey, one of my early posts on my hacker theory. But their responses unexpectedly provided further evidence for my theory! In that post I also revealed for the first time that I had emailed on 17 May 2014 Arizona's Prof. Emeritus Douglas Donahue [left], a co-founder of the Arizona laboratory, providing him with a link to this blog, and asking him for information on the alleged hacker Timothy W. Linick's death; whether Linick was the leaker of Arizona's first "1350" date; and the possibility of Arizona's radiocarbon dating of the Shroud being the result of its AMS computer having been hacked by Linick? But despite Donahue being present during Arizona's dating of the Shroud and a signatory to the 1989 Nature article, and therefore in a perfect position to refute my theory, Donahue never replied.

In my second November post about my hacker theory, "The 1260-1390 radiocarbon date of the Turin Shroud was the result of a computer hacking #11," (completed only yesterday, I provided evidence that firstly, the late Prof. Harry Gove, and the laboratories, realised that Linick was the leaker of Arizona's first "1350" date but covered it up. And secondly, I provided evidence that the laboratories, having covered up that Linick was the leaker of Arizona's first "1350" date, also realised after Linick's presumed suicide on 4 June 1989, that he was the hacker of at least Arizona's radiocarbon dating of the Shroud, but covered that up also!

Books: In late November I bought the new book, Spitzer, R.J., "God So Loved the World: Clues to Our Transcendent Destiny from the Revelation of Jesus," (2016). [Right: Amazon.com]. It has a 49 page "Appendix One: The Shroud of Turin," which is a book within a book! How- ever, I have only had time to dip into it.

Pageviews: At midnight on 30 November, Google Analytics [below (enlarge)] gave this blog's "Pageviews all time history" as 623,582 and "Pageviews last month" as 13,771. It also gave the most viewed posts for the month as: "`Did you ask radiocarbon dating exp...'," Nov 3, 2016 - 145; "My radiocarbon dating hacker theory mentioned in J...," Oct 24, 2016 - 121; "The Shroud of Turin: 3.6. The man on the Shroud an..., Dec 2, 2013 - 104; "Superficial #18: The man on the Shroud: The eviden...," Nov 11, 2016 - 86; "Editorial and Contents," Shroud of Turin News, Oc...," Nov 2, 2016- 78. Again the map shows a large part of my readers are in China!


Notes:
1. This post is copyright. Permission is granted to extract or quote from any part of it (but not the whole post), provided the extract or quote includes a reference citing my name, its subject heading, its date, and a hyperlink back to it. [return]

Posted 5 December 2016. Updated 4 August 2023.

No comments: